- Laser Treatments
- Other Treatments
- Contact Us
Laser Hair Removal Overview | Treatment | Before and After Pictures
Do you have unwanted hair? Plucking and waxing are painful, short term solutions. If you want to get to the root of the problem take a moment to learn more about the benefits of laser hair removal – a permanent solution for the removal of unwanted hair.
Since 1997, laser hair removal has been a standard practice for permanent hair reduction. The treatment has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for over 30 years and millions of Americans have since taken advantage of this highly effective cosmetic procedure. Laser hair removal is defined as the long-term reduction in the number of hairs re-growing after a treatment course. The dermatology community now widely regards this treatment as highly effective and rates of patient satisfaction are well over 95%.
How permanent hair removal works:
During laser hair removal, the heat from the laser creates localized damage at the base of the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding skin. Light from the laser is absorbed by the melanin within the hair. Because of its dark color, the melanin in the hair can absorb the light from the laser, which in turn closes the small blood vessels that feed the hair. However, this means that only dark colored hair can be removed, and light hair is impervious to permanent hair removal treatment.
Typically, 6-8 treatments spaced 6-8 weeks apart are required for desired results, however, hair coarseness and skin color can impact the required number of treatments. Laser hair removal has proved most effective on coarse hair and has little to no effect on “peachfuzz” type hair.
• At Celibre Medical Corporation, 6-8 laser hair removal sessions typically results in 75% – 95% PERMANENT hair removal (excludes fine peach fuzz type hair and colorless hair).
• Laser hair removal is permanent and SAFE for all skin types when using the correct lasers.
• Although electrolysis has been around for 135 years, a study conducted in 2000 concluded that laser hair removal was 60 times faster, less painful and more reliable than electrolysis.
• For a typical patient that previously had their bikini waxed, the cost of the 6-8 permanent laser hair removal treatments will equal what waxing would have cost over 3-5 years (depending on frequency).
• Common side effects of the procedure include itching, redness, and swelling around the treatment area, but these usually resolve within a matter of hours. More serious side effects can occur but are very rare.
The procedure cost varies depending upon the doctor, where you live and the extent of the procedure. Annually, however, laser hair removal is less expensive than waxing or shaving.
The satisfaction of laser hair removal patients is going to depend primarily on what % of hair is removed during the procedure and whether or not this hair removal is permanent. These issues are in turn going to depend on the level of experience of the laser hair removal practitioner, how good a candidate the patient is (how thick and colored is the hair), and finally on what laser technology is used and how appropriate it is for your skin type. To ensure the best results, become an educated patient by attending the free consultation.
To find out about how permanent hair removal can work for you, contact Celibre Medical Corporation for a free consultation today.